Running Optiable’s Login Script when pushing NetDocuments out to the whole firm
After 300 plus install, we find that some IT Providers gloss over the fact that this contains both HKLM and HKCU registry entries. HKLM keys are easy to push out. HKCU Keys are not. If you log on as an administrator to a machine and try and push out HKCU keys, it won’t work. You need to be logged in as the current user. You can put the HKCU batch file in a login script to get around this. When the current user logs in, it will apply the HKCU keys properly.
NetDocuments Installation on a Windows PC
- Setting Up NetDocuments on a Windows Computer
- How to Update NetDocuments on a Windows PC
- When installing ndOffice, you get this error message: Please install MS Office 2010 SP2 or newer and run this installer again; when attempting to install ndOffice
Adding a New User to NetDocuments
- If users are logging in via office 365, make sure to add them to Azure
- Adding a New User to NetDocuments
- Adding an Author to NetDocuments
- What to know about making a user an Admin
NetDocuments Installation on other devices
Easy fixes to common user complaints
- Users are getting a SQL Logic Error Message when logging into NetDocuments
- Your users are having issues with Documents not checking
- Your users are having issues with NetDocuments not integrating with Adobe.
- Users are saying that ndMail is not saving documents.
- Users are saying that new clients and matters are not showing up in NetDocuments.
NetDocuments Tech Support
- Call this number: 801-226-6882 Option 2
- Setting up NetDocuments and Workshare
- Setting up NetDocuments and Literia
- Set up NetDocuments and the Fujitsu ScanSnap Integration
- Setting up NetDocuments with Kofax Power PDF